CDTC has an active Freight Advisory Committee that brings together private freight operators and public freight planners to share information on local freight issues and events in order to develop a reliable, efficient, safe, and environmentally responsible freight transportation system for the region. This standing committee meets regularly and includes representatives of the freight and logistics industry and public agencies. This includes infrastructure owners, transportation agencies, railroad companies, ports, airports, carriers, shippers, receivers, land developers, local government agencies, and NYSDOT.
The roles of the Freight Advisory Committee include:
- Participating in the development of the Regional Freight & Goods Movement Plan and the Freight Priority Network
- Reviewing project applications and providing funding recommendations
- Advising on freight-related priorities, issues, projects, and funding needs
- Serving as a forum for discussion of decisions affecting freight transportation
- Communicating and coordinating regional priorities
- Promoting the sharing of information between private and public sectors
- Addressing some of the common freight problems in our area
Freight Advisory Committee meetings are held quarterly in February, May, August, and November. Anyone interested in freight or goods movement issues is welcome to attend. Please contact CDTC for more information regarding the Freight Advisory Committee meetings.
The next CDTC Freight Advisory Committee Meeting will be held on Wednesday, May 17, 2017, at 9:00 AM at the CDTC Offices.
Meeting Agenda and Attachments: